+ J.M.J.CH. February 22, 2021
Inspired and encouraged by Pope Francis’ Lenten message, on February 22, the Arco Norte Regional Council met by video-conference to continue walking with hope, in “a new present, a better future”, in construction of the North Marist Arch.
In this meeting the “family is enlarged” with the participation of numerous participants. The provincial brothers of the Region: HH. Gérard Bachand (Canadá), Patrick McNamara (Estados Unidos), José Sánchez (México Central), César Augusto Rojas (Norandina), Miguel Ángel Santos (México Occidental), Tomás Briongos (Compostela – Honduras) e Hipólito Pérez (América Central).
We had the joy of the participation of the four new provincial brothers, recently appointed in the region: HH. Orlando Escobar (Norandina), Luis Enrique Rodríguez (México Occidental), Luis Felipe González (México Central) y Dan O’Riordan (Estados Unidos). It was a good opportunity to give them the most fraternal and cordial welcome, while favoring a serene transition process in regional leadership.
João Carlos do Prado and Ken McDonald accompanied us as usual, the brother General Councilors liaison of the region.
Brother Rodrigo Espinosa, in his mission as Executive Secretary, convened, raised the agenda and carried out the session with success, fruitfulness and responsibility.
The most important aspects developed were:
- A moment to share the provincial journey with the following guidelines: How do I feel today? … Some sign of hope and some special situation in my Province.
- Approval of documents: CAP regulations, updated SWOT, Plan of the Hermanos Hoy Team, and Organizations and functions of the Region.
- Presentation, reflection and approval of the new regional logo, with the participation of Jessica Urquiza as coordinator of the Communications Team. We congratulate and thank all the members of this team for their dedication and creativity in this initiative.
- Follow-up and information on the processes in which the region is involved: Province of Canada, La Valla 200 Montagne community (Holguín-Cuba), La Valla Interprovincial Novitiate (Medellín, Colombia) and Marist Life and Mission in Honduras.
- Information from the International Mission Commission.
- Organization of the CAP 2021 meeting.
“That, in this season of Lent, we live with hope, being artisans and witnesses of the new time, for Marist life and mission in the Region, in which God makes all things new”
(cf. Mensaje de Cuaresma 2021, Papa Francisco)
Hipólito Pérez, fms
Arco Norte Coordinator
Provincial of Central America